Give the Gift of a Fitness Membership for Christmas
Christmas is quickly approaching: how close are you to finishing your shopping? As you are marking off your list of gifts for friends and family, there are likely a few more things you need to buy to fill in the gaps. Don’t feel the holiday stress of trying to pick gifts for friends and family who are hard to shop for. Instead of turning to online shopping, consider something unique this year: a fitness membership.
This gift is one that keeps on giving and adds many benefits to the person’s life. Here are some of the things to consider if you are wondering whether a fitness membership is the right gift for your loved one.
Is a Fitness Membership a Good Gift?
For many years, people assumed that a gym membership was a taboo gift. Is it offensive to get someone a fitness membership? No! There are many reasons why this gift is becoming more popular.
Of course, you need to consider the person’s likes and dislikes to decide whether they will enjoy and use a gym membership. This is the perfect gift for some people because they want to improve their strength and flexibility but might not have the funds to spend on fitness classes and training.
If you are going to give a fitness membership for Christmas, make sure to pick a location that is close to home. Also, choose a modern facility with the best equipment to make it a great experience every time they go to the gym.
Why a Fitness Membership is a Perfect Gift
Here are some of the benefits of gifting a fitness membership to a family member or friend:
- Save Them from the Monthly Payment: If cash is tight, “extras” such as a gym membership tend to fall lower on the priority list. Everyone finds that a little cash is nice to have, especially with current inflation and the higher costs of the holiday season. A few months or even a year of a fitness membership is a great way to help lighten the financial burden for a loved one. They will be grateful to maintain their health without paying another monthly bill.
- The Gift That Keeps on Giving: Clothing, electronics, and other random items might be enjoyable in the beginning. But how often do these items end up in the back of the closet? Instead, you want to give something that adds value to the person’s life, and a fitness membership does that! The person can use their membership as often as they would like, giving them ongoing benefits for the length of the membership.
- Multiple Gifts in One: Many activities and options are available when someone visits the gym. You are gifting an experience that continues for months. It’s fun and exciting to find something new to enjoy every time a person goes to the gym: group classes, cardio machines, free weights, personal training, recovery tools, and more.
- Support Their Goals: Show a family member or friend that you really care by gifting something that aligns with their goals. For example, many people want to live a healthier life and have more energy throughout the day, and a gym membership is a great way to support these goals. The benefits of regular exercise are undeniable, and your loved one will be happy to have the quality tools they need to live their best life.
- Shared Time Together: Not only are you supporting your loved one’s health goals, but a gym membership is also a great way to spend time together. If you need more time to see each other, why not plan your workouts together? This two-for-one use of time is both productive and enjoyable because you share the experience. There’s no need to pick between time with family or your daily workout when you are going to share your fitness activities at the gym.
- Easy Gift – No Wrapping Needed: Avoid crowded malls and limited online options. Instead of getting caught up in the hustle of the holiday season, it’s easy to pay for a fitness membership as a gift.
Creating the Perfect Gift Package with a Fitness Membership
If you want to create a tangible gift for the person to open on Christmas morning, then consider a tangible way to share the gift. For example, it might be as simple as putting the membership card in an envelope. Or, consider other items that go hand-in-hand with the fitness membership.
Here are a few ideas that are great to have when heading to the gym to improve the person’s experience during their workouts:
- Fitness Clothing: A good pair of fitness leggings or sweatpants make all the difference for comfort and confidence during a workout. Pick out a gym outfit that they will love. Or, go to the store together to ensure the ideal fit and colors.
- Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is essential, especially when breaking a sweat. Package up a nice, insulated water bottle to go with the gift of a fitness membership.
- Supplements: One of the best ways to optimize the benefits of regular workouts is to make sure that you are getting the right supplements each day. Pre-workout drinks can prepare the body for physical effort. Additionally, protein powder can help to optimize the gains.
- New Shoes: A good pair of shoes is essential if the person is training for a race or marathon. It’s tough to buy a pair of running shoes for someone else since the fit and comfort vary from one person to the next. But you might take them shopping or give them a gift card to a local store that sells athletic shoes.
Choose the Best Gym for Your Holiday Gifts
If you decide that a fitness membership is an ideal gift for your loved one, then make sure to choose the best gym in the area. At Fitness Nation, we offer quality facilities and a comfortable environment where you can work on your fitness goals. It’s a great place to spend time with your loved ones, working on shared fitness plans and health improvements. Feel free to visit us any time to learn more about available options, including a fitness membership as a holiday gift.