These days it seems as though there are so many different group exercise classes to choose from, it can be difficult to know which is best for your needs. From Body Sculpt to Boot Camp, yoga, and Pilates, your options are truly endless. While the amount of group classes offered at your local Bedford gym can at times be overwhelming, it undoubtedly means you will never get bored with the same ol’ routine. One of the most popular classes that has taken the nation by storm in recent years is Zumba. Known for its fun, energizing, and uplifting nature, Zumba is a great option for those looking to add a little spice to their workout routine. Boasting fast, upbeat, and contagious music, it is no wonder why our Arlington Zumba classes are so popular. The bottom line? Zumba is by far one of the best workouts and a great way to convince your friends to skip happy hour and head to the gym with you instead.
Beyond the fact that Zumba is easily one of the most exciting group exercise classes out there today, it also carries the following benefits:
- Many great cardio benefits. As briefly mentioned in the above point, Zumba will enable you to reach your target heart rate much quicker than many other workout routines. The secret to this is that these classes are choreographed to songs that are typically around 145 beats per minute, which will set participants up for a true aerobic exercise time and time again.
- Helps coordination – This is perhaps a lesser known benefit of Zumba, but nonetheless important. Once again related to the fact that Zumba classes are impressively choreographed, class members will soon see a difference in coordination.
- Effective calorie and fat burner – One of the number one benefits of Zumba classes are that they are one of the most effective ways to burn calories and fat. In fact, the average person will burn anywhere from 600 to 1,000 calories in one Zumba class. Because the classes are choreographed to offer intervals of varying intensity, class participants will expend energy in a manner that has tons of fat burning benefits.
- Provides a full body workout – Zumba is both a fitness class and a dance lesson, providing a full body workout that will help tone and strengthen your body. Furthermore, Zumba has many great heart-health benefits and will leave your entire body feeling worked and juicy.
- It is the perfect group class for people of all different levels. One of the top benefits of Zumba is that it does not discriminate. Our Arlington and Bedford Zumba classes are offered at all different levels, meaning that anyone from beginners to seasoned dancers can join in without feeling overwhelmed or out of their element. We believe in ensuring each and every person who walks through our gym doors is set up for success, which is why our instructors will take the time to ensure you feel comfortable before jumping right into a class.