If you’ve ever taken a hip hop dance class before, chances are you know what an awesome workout it is. In fact, many fitness enthusiasts say that hip hop is one of the best cardio workouts out there. Not only does this high energy dance class get the heart pumping, but it is a wonderful alternative to the typical types of fitness routines many of us are accustomed to. Similar to Zumba, hip hop has both aerobic and anaerobic benefits. This is because these classes increase your heart rate and get you breathing hard, while at the same time working to strengthen your thighs, glutes, calves, and other muscles throughout your whole body. Another bonus? Hip hop is a less impactful type of dance because it does not put as much weight and pressure on the feet and knees.
Whether you are trying to find a group exercise class that fits with your schedule and will keep you coming back for more, or simply want to change up your typical gym routine, we encourage you to consider checking out a hip hop dance class. Fitness Nation’s hip hop dance classes are challenging, high energy, fun, and a wonderful opportunity to connect with other gym-goers while getting a great workout. As we briefly mentioned, there are both aerobic and anaerobic benefits to hip hop. In order to show that hip hop dance truly is the real deal, let’s go over some of the awesome benefits:
- Aerobic Benefits – Any type of exercise that gets your heart rate up is great and has numerous benefits. When looking at hip hop dance specifically, it is important to note that this is a great aerobic exercise because you must stay moving and active the entire time. As you are moving from pose to pose, your body is taking in more oxygen, transporting it to your muscles and helping you burn calories. Some of the other aerobic benefits of hip hop dance include:
- Helps you lose weight
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Reduces your stress levels
- Provides you with a boost of energy
- Anaerobic Benefits – While it is no secret that hip hop dance is wonderful for your aerobically, many people forget about the anaerobic benefits. This type of fitness routine works to strengthen and tone your muscles, while also providing added flexibility to the joints. It is important to keep in mind that you will only experience these anaerobic benefits if you are doing everything correctly and keeping up with the pace of the class. The more hip hop dance classes you attend, the better you will get, and the more fat you will burn!
Before you take a hip hop dance class at our Arlington gym, you may have a few questions for the instructor. We encourage you to come in and talk to the teacher in order to ensure you know what to expect if it’s your first time. This fast-paced workout is extremely beneficial to the body, which is just one of the reasons why it is one of our most popular classes!