If you are looking for the perfect cardio and ab workout near Arlington, Texas, then look no further. At Fitness Nation in Arlington and Bedford, Texas we have the perfect exercise regimen for every person’s needs. We believe that it is possible for everyone to get the six pack they have always dreamt of. A few steps to get to your goal:
- Eliminate as many processed foods, such as canned soups, packaged bread, snack bars and frozen meals, from your diet.
- Eliminate sweets, alcohol and refined grains, such as white rice, pasta and breakfast cereal.
- Eliminate all sources of empty calories.
- Limit your intake of fruit and dairy.
- You should eat 4 to 6 ounces of lean proteins, such as flank steak, eggs, chicken breast, tuna and white-meat turkey, at each meal.
- Avoid sugary sauces and high-sodium processed meats – sausage and hot dogs.
- Eat plenty of watery, fibrous vegetables, such as broccoli, lettuce, kale, spinach, peppers, and cauliflower.
- Salads are great meal substitutes! But, stick to olive oil, vinegar and citrus juices for seasoning.
- Limit your grain intake to just a half-cup serving of whole options, such as brown rice, oatmeal or quinoa, at one or two meals per day.
- Nuts, hard-boiled eggs, deli meat and whey protein are great snack options.
We encourage our fitness friends to plan ahead by packing your work lunches, carrying a cooler with six-pack friendly foods for snacks. To get those perfect abs, you will have to make some lifestyle changes and sacrifices.
To lose body fat and reveal your six-pack, targeted abdominal exercises aren’t enough. Many people begin a workout and focus solely on abs. Systematic cardio exercises, such as jogging or cycling, promotes heart health and helps you burn calories, so you can lose fat more easily.
To really become lean and cut enough to display a six-pack, you should perform strength training. The leaner muscle you have, the more calories you will burn during workouts and at rest. The process of building muscle also causes your body to make hormonal shifts that promotes fat loss. For the most beneficial workout, add muscle to your whole body.
Also, proper rest between workouts and at night are other important steps toward encouraging fat loss that reveals six-pack abs. Allow at least 48 hours (2 days) rest between muscle groups worked with weights, and you should aim for seven to nine hours of quality sleep per night.
Unfortunately, stress encourages the release of cortisol, a stress hormone, which actually encourages your body to hold onto fat, especially around your midsection. It is important to avoid unnecessary stress and strain from your life and focus on staying positive and calm. A proper and complete workout includes exercise of the mind and body. If you are interested in starting a six pack workout or have any questions, contact us at Fitness Nation today.