The Insanity workout quickly gained popularity – and for good reason. It’s an excellent workout, whether you are looking to tone your muscles, lose weight, add muscle mass, or get in some good cardio. Many Insanity advocates claim it is the most well-rounded workout there is – we will let you decide that for yourself. As anyone who has ever done Insanity will likely attest to, it is helpful to have some tips before going to your first class. The goal of this intense and, well, ‘insane’ workout is to get you in the best shape of your life. By the time you are done, you should have the six pack you’ve always dreamed of, and the confidence to match. If you are following by the rules, the Insanity workout should help get you there in just 60 days. While there are Insanity workout DVDs, the best way to get the results you are looking for is to take a group class. Not only will you bond with others on a weekly basis, but group settings are always better for motivation and staying focused.
Before you go to your first Insanity class, we recommend talking with a trainer at either our Arlington or Bedford location and getting the lowdown. As of right now, we do not have any Insanity classes on the schedule at our Bedford location, so you will have to check out our Arlington 24-hour fitness gym if you are looking for the Insanity experience.
With all this in mind, let’s get to the good stuff. Because Insanity can be so intimidating for beginners, we thought it would be helpful to give you a few handy tips to help ease the anxiety. Remember, the Insanity workout aims to get you in excellent shape in a mere two months, which requires a lot of commitment and motivation.
- You must give it your all. Insanity is not for the fair weather gym goers, it is for those who are truly committed to their fitness and have the drive and motivation to get in shape. You can expect to swear – a lot – so it is important that you come prepared and know what you are signing up for.
- Form over speed – It is easy to get caught up in the fast pace of the routine, but it is important for you to focus on getting your form right over everything else. This is especially true for beginners, as it is common for them to want to go full throttle right from the start. Do your best to remain focused and follow the correct form of the exercise. The form is designed to keep you safe and prevent yourself from injuring yourself.
- Don’t be too proud to rest. As with any type of exercise, listen to your body and rest when you need to. There is a big difference between pushing yourself and going too far. Many people who take Insanity classes are personal trainers or have a fitness background – you cannot compare yourself to them. Try not to focus on staying on pace with others in the class. Do as much as you can and rest when your body tells you to.
- Stay hydrated. Because this is such an intense workout, it is absolutely imperative that you remain hydrated before, during, and after. Make sure you bring a water bottle with you and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Never skip the warm-ups and stretches. While you may be tempted to skip the warm-ups and stretches both before and after the class, never do this. The warm-ups and stretches are there for a reason – mainly to work towards your efforts and prevent any injuries.
Be sure and check out our Arlington class schedule here to see when our Insanity classes are offered. We hope to see you soon!